Saturday, September 24, 2011

FAIL!!!







Arrived at my hotel (in Mount Laurel, NJ) at about 12 midnight Thursday. Had trouble getting to sleep and then woke up early. Took a 'rest' day Friday, but worked about 12 hours and did not sleep well Friday either.

Went to a local high school track to run a 5k. Got to about 2 miles at a decent pace and then started to muscle cramp up in my upper abs. Ran another lap and the cramps got worse. Stopped running with 3 laps to go at 18:30. Cramps were bad enough to bend me over. Walked around for about 20 minutes and the let up. Dehydration? Not used to the local humidity? I am a giant poof?

There was a pull-up bar at the track, so I did 5 x 8 of wide grip pull-ups alternating pulling to the front of the neck and the back of the neck. Then did 5 sets of unbroken double-unders. Neither were for time.

To add to the fun my right foot started to hurt in the same way that it did about 6 months back. I have a pain ball with me and rolled my foot a couple times today and it seemed to get better.

Not a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment