Wednesday, December 28, 2011

A. Three sets, not for time, of:
Unbroken Muscle-Ups x 2-6 reps
Unbroken Double-Unders x 30-50 reps
Unbroken Strict Handstand Push-Ups x 6-12 reps

B. Eight sets of:
Rack Jerk x 1 rep
Rest as needed between sets.
(Build to a heavy single.)

C. Two sets of:
Row 2000 Meters
Rest exactly 4 minutes

A. Muscle-ups: 3 each round, broken
Double-unders: 33, 29, 32
HSPU, strict: 6, 5, 5

B. 185, 205 (F), 205 (F), 195, 200, 205, 210 (F), 210

C. 6:54, 7:17

Jerks felt super heavy today. Failed a couple of times at what should be an easy weight for me. Focused on technique and rallied towards the end. Last set I finally felt that I got the timing on the dip and drive for the jerk that I had been missing today. Good one to end on.

Given some extra motivation via the coaching points on the CF Invicutus blog. PR’d by 15 seconds on a personal best time for the 2K row that I have not beaten in 2 years. It has been a long time personal goal to break 7 minutes. I know that is not a super-fast time for a competitive rower, but it is relatively fast for a crossfitter. I had to push well into the uncomfortable zone again to come close to 7 minutes on the 2nd row.

No comments:

Post a Comment