Saturday, December 10, 2011

December 12th, 2012

WOD:

A. Eight sets of: Clean + Front Squat
(perform one full/squat clean, stand fully, breathe and then descend for your front squat)

B. Three rounds for time:
20 Russian* Kettlebell Swings (32/24 kg)
10 Box Jumps (30″/24″)
 *Russian swings = only to shoulder height

Rest 5-7 minutes, and then . . .

C. Four sets for max reps of:
60 seconds of Wall Ball Shots
60 seconds of Rest
(Challenge yourself to get as far north of 100 reps as possible.)


A. 185, 195, 205, 215, 225, 235, 240. 245
B. 3:36
C. 114 (31/30/28/25)

Did not go for a PR today and worked up slowly because I tend to bend my arms too early when I get close to my max (my squat clean PR is 250#). I wanted to stay focused on form and opening my hips fully. We did Tuesday's WOD yesterday and either that or the squat cleans left my hamstrings and glutes just worked. They both had no go in them during Part B. Limiting factor on Wallballs was part shoulders tired/part lack of muscular endurance/part mentally letting myself get negative. Dropped med ball once during 3rd round and twice during the 4th. cost me 2-2.5 reps each drop.

Feeling pain and injury free. Yay! We will be skipping ahead to catch up with the current WODs for CrossFit Invictus on Monday morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment