Saturday, January 28, 2012

January 28th, 2012





Workout of the Day

A.  Every minute, on the minute, for 10 minutes:
5 Thrusters (135/95 lbs)

B.  Every minute, on the minute, for 10 minutes, complete:
15 Wall Ball Shots

C.  Three sets for times of:
350 Meter Row
20 GHD Sit-Ups
Rest 2 minutes


A. All unbroken, 13-14 seconds each round.  I was not super fast, but I squat cleaned ‘thruster’ed’ each starting rep and there were no pauses.
B. All unbroken except for 6th round, the ball slipped through my hands at the bottom on the 15th rep (I just lost focus for a second. Crap!). 30-31 seconds each round. Very much a mental challenge the last 2 rounds, I had to dig deep.
C. 1:59, 2:02, 2:04. Could not settle into a steady pace on the rower and so my stroke rate was a little higher than I would have liked, but the 350 meters felt challenging but very doable. All GHDs unbroken, felt really good on these today. Did the #363 Mwod last night and I think that really made a difference today.  I felt super loose.

Feeling awesome in training the last two days.  The WODs that CJ Martin of Crossfit Invictus programmed really played to some of my strengths and I felt like I performed pretty solidly on them. Definitely feeling like I have gotten stronger and fitter both in body and mind over the last 8 weeks.

Looking forward to The Open!

No comments:

Post a Comment