Wednesday, September 19, 2012

September 19th, 2012


Workout of the Day

A.  Eight sets of:
Tempo Front Squat @ 31X1 + Front Squat
Rest 2-3 minutes
Three second descent to the bottom of the front squat, then pause for one full second (“one-one thousand”) and get up to standing as quickly as possible, then reset, breath, tighten up and perform another front squat with no tempo restriction. Build to the heaviest load possible.

B.  Three rounds for time of:
10 Power Cleans (135/95 lb)
20 Barbell Weighted Walking Lunges (135/95 lb)
30 Pull-Ups

Rest exactly 3 minutes, and then . . .

C.  Three rounds for time of:
Run 800 Meters
30 Kettlebell Swings (32/24 kg)


A. 30 Kettlebell Swings (32/24 kg) A. 185, 205, 225, 235, 245, 255, 255, 255, 255
These felt pretty good. I liked the tempo + 1 rep format.

B. 12:23 (paused to catch my breath on the lunges, but never put the barbell down)

C. Skipped.

Main goal on part B was to not put the barbell down on the lunges. No reason for me to do so if it is on my back. Thought about carrying in the front rack for the challenge but that would have given me an excuse to put it down. I was reasonably fast on the pwr clns, but broke the pull-ups up a lot.

Skipped C because I have been feeling pretty beat up and spent for the last week or two. Today I felt like my body was finally feeling a little better. Wanted to avoid smashing it too much today, give it a little more rest and ride that wave into Friday. However…I sort of feel like a weenie for skipping it after seeing CJ’s 2nd post!

I am looking forward to attending the Athlete’s camp. I think that I struggle with the mental game part of CrossFit as much as anything else.

No comments:

Post a Comment