Wednesday, January 23, 2013

January 23rd, 2013


Workout of the Day

A. Build to a heavy-ishDeadlift x 3 reps
Not proving anything here,just getting yourself prepared for the next section.

B. Three sets for times:
365/245 lb Deadlift x 3 reps
Muscle-Ups x 7/5 reps
Rest 3 minutes
Be smart here. If these loads are too heavy for you, scale to a load that is heavy, but manageable for 3reps.

C. For Max Reps:
2 Minutes of Rowing forCalories
2 Minutes of HandstandPush-Ups
2 Minutes of Wall Ball Shots(30/20 lb)
Rest exactly 4 minutes, andthen . . .

D. For Max Reps:
2 Minutes of Rowing forCalories
2 Minutes of Double-Unders
2 Minutes of Ring Dips


A. Worked up to 365.  Stopped there for today.

B. Scaled DL to 295 lbs.
1:44 /1 :53 / 1:44(muscle-ups in singles)

C. 48/13/23 (30 lb. med ball)
46/49/22

30 pound wall ball shots areworse than I imagined (I just got my 30 #er yesterday), but it makes the 20 lb.ball feel like nothing afterwards.  I couldnot get my double-unders going today. Tripped what seemed like a dozen times.  Rows felt awesome though.  I have done a lot of slow 80% recovery 5k rowsover the last two weeks while in injury recovery mode and it sure makes rowingeasier. 
I am forcing myself to keepingthe load and intensity down by using no more than 80% of the weight I canhandle in any movement or the Rx’d amount in metcons until my hip and back arefully healed up.  Feeling a lot better lastfew days, but I still want to slowly building up the intensity and not go toohard too fast.


No comments:

Post a Comment