Monday, January 28, 2013

January 28th, 2013


Workout of the Day

A. Take 20 minutes to build to today’s heavy Snatch
Let feel dictate the load for your lifting today – if you feel fast and your mechanics are good, keep building. If not, stay lighter and work on speed and mechanics.

B. Five sets of:
Snatch Balance + Overhead Squat
Rest as needed

C. Four sets for max reps in 2 minutes and 30 seconds of:
Row 500 Meters
Handstand Push-Ups x Max Reps
Rest 90 seconds between sets.

D. Three sets of:
Stationary Dips x Max Reps
Rest 30 seconds
GHD Sit-Ups x 15-20 reps
Rest 30 seconds


A. Worked up to 180 lbs in the split snatch.  A PR for the split.
I stopped here because the 20 minutes were up and this was the first rep with any strain (did not want to go super heavy today).  I think that I have more in the tank for next time.

B. 115, 135, 145, 155, 165(F)

C. 5, 6, 7, 6
Getting the HSPUs back, these felt pretty good.  Need to push for that last rep a little harder.

D. Dips: 20, 11, 9
GHDs: 15, 15, bailed (started to feel like a strain on my hip/back when I started this set so I skipped the last one).

I am still only running at 85 to 90%, but I feel much more mobile this week than last week.  Especially so after an ART (active release therapy, not arts & crafts) session on Friday.  Going for two more sessions this week.  Diagnosed as a hip strain, so nothing too serious.

First time I have gone heavy on the snatch since before I got injured on 1/7, I wanted to wait until I was feeling fully up to it.  Trying the split at CJ’s suggestion (Thanks!!!) after going backwards on the squat snatch.  Squat snatch PR is 185#s.  The split snatch felt great today.  I should be able to match and pass my squat snatch PR using the split when I am back to full strength.

No comments:

Post a Comment