Monday, May 10, 2010


WOD:

'Jerry'

For time:
- run 1 mile
- row 2k
- run 1 mile

Sgt Major Jerry Dwayne Patton, 40, died on 15 October 2008 during High Altitude High Opening (HAHO) training while assigned to Army USSOCOM preparing for deployment to Afghanistan. Jerry is survived by his wife Molly and his sons Chad, Cody, Chase and Connor.


This is a Hero WOD dedicated to someone that I only knew for about 6 months back in '95 & '96, but who was a very good friend of mine at the time. I fell out of touch with him shortly after I moved back from Michigan to Washington State and discovered that he had died only because I saw his Hero WOD on the CrossFit Endurance site last year. It was different at first, 4 5K run repeats, and something that I am not even sure I could complete. This is still a very hard WOD, but doable. I am glad I have someway to connect with him/honor him through CrossFit. I know that sounds corny, but oh well. He was a really good friend and a great father & husband.

I am still working with a busted, ghetto rower at my gym, so the moniter does not work and I have no way of knowing how far I rowed. I rowed for 8 minutes, which at my normal pace should have been 2k.

Time 27:16

No comments:

Post a Comment