Saturday, July 10, 2010

WOD:

'Eva'

5 rounds (scaled to 4)
- 800 meter run
- 30 Kettle bell swings w/2 Pood KB (scaled to 1.5)
- 30 pull-ups

4 rounds in 43:16 w/1.5 pd KB

I decided to scale because of the heat. I definitely felt 'done' during the 4th round run, I was barely able to keep moving. I probably should have given the 2 pood KB (but the 1.5 felt heavy enough). The last round of pull-ups were really tough, which is not surprising since these were reps 91-120 of pull-ups for the day.

A couple hours post WOD, I felt a little regret because I did not either do the full 5 rounds or use the big kettlebell. But my goal on long workouts has been to maintain some sort of intensity throughout. In the case of EVA, that is 10 minute rounds. That definitely ended during the 4th round. A fifth round would have been about 15-20 minutes long.

No comments:

Post a Comment