Tuesday, July 6, 2010

WOD:

Five rounds for time of:
-5 Muscle-ups (subbed negative muscle-ups)
-135 pound Power clean, 10 reps
-Run 220 meters

Time - 19:06

Felt a little better on technique with muscle-ups (obviously, not enough to do one). If I could get better at muscle-ups, HSPU, double-unders and running, then I think everything else becomes much easier. Something to consider whenever I feel up to doing extra work on weaknesses.

About 12 hours later, I did some squats. Another weakness in my opinion. Speal can squat as much as me and he weighs a 100 lb.s less. Granted, he is 'Speal' and might not actually be human but either an alien/human hybrid or a leap forward in genetic evolution by 100 years. Nonetheless, I would like to get closer to 1.75 BW squat or more. This is one of the few areas that I have not got close to my PR level from my teens and 20s, so I think if I pull that up alot of other skills/strenghs that are held back by it will come along too.

Back squat 5 X 285 lbs.
(This felt pretty heavy and I wanted to get do some straight sets, so I dropped the weight and reps)

5 X 3 w/275 lbs. (275-275-275-275-275)

More of a wide stance squats w/bar low on the back vs. high bar.

No comments:

Post a Comment