Friday, July 23, 2010

WOD:

"The Seven"

Seven rounds for time of:
7 HSPU
7 Thrusters w/135 lb.
7 KTE (knees to elbows)
7 Deadlifts w/245 lbs.
7 Burpees
7 Kettlebell swings, 2 pood
7 Pull-ups

I scaled to 6 rounds (I was shooting for as many round as I could get in between 45 - 50 minutes) and used 2 abmats on the HSPU (handstand push-ups). Everything else as Rx'd.

Time: 42:05

I went through the first round in 3:19, which may have been a little fast out of the gate. Rounds 5 & 6 were really tough, I think after that round the thrusters took a least 3 minutes each round all by their lonesome. The heavy thrusters after the HSPU were the biggest obstacle to 'speed' on this WOD. The HSPUs were hard/time consuming too, but I dreaded the thrusters each round.

I probably could have completed 7 rounds, although the 7th round would have been pretty slow. But my hamstrings were staring to tighten up, there was the longest WOD of week with a lot of long & hard WODs and I did not want to 'crash' twice in a week. 6 rounds was hard enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment