Wednesday, November 17, 2010

WOD:

9-6-3

165 lb. Thrusters
Muscle-ups

Time: 12:20

Wow! Thrusters at that weight were very difficult to lock out. Need to practice not 'muddling in the middle' and really accelerating through the top middle of the thruster. Muscle-ups were hard the first round, but got easier as the WOD went on. I have not done muscle-ups for awhile because my right forearm and shoulders were giving me a little trouble when I did them, but they felt fine today.

This is one of those milestone WODS that even 4 months ago I simply would not have been able to complete., let alone at any other time before that.

Lots of WODs with heavier than past working weights on the mainsites coupled with complex movements (Muscle-ups, HSPUs, etc.). I am hoping that trend influences the programming for the sectionals and the regionals. Might give me a leg up.

No comments:

Post a Comment