Monday, November 28, 2011

Vacation from the mainsite

I decided that I need to do something a little different to keep progressing a few months back. I experimented a little bit doing my own programming and mixing in some weakness WODs (most that Jeff Vale programmed for me), CF Masters WODs, WODs from CF One World with the mainsite programming and some extra strength and skill work, but it was haphazard and I was not getting the great results that I felt that I could had the programming been coordinated by someone looking out for the bigger picture and tying all the programming together.

I felt I really needed to just give it up to someone else to tie it all together.

I have always appreciated from afar the programming of the OPT 'Big Dawg' blog, CF Oneworld and CF Invictus. Of all 3 of these, CF Invictus stands out as the most balanced, organized and well-rounded, while still maintaining the variety that makes CrossFit so awesome and powerful. CJ Martin (owner of CF Invictus) also programs a lot of my weaknesses into his WODs and mostly in the time domains that I feel are the most powerful for promoting overall progress in all areas of fitness. They also kicked off a new programing format on 11/28/11, which prompted me to get off my butt and start doing something different now rather than later.

I will be doing 'Nuts' as my last mainsite WOD and then starting up on CF Invictus WODs a few days behind their order on their site in a few days. I am pretty excited about this change. I am hoping for big changes.

No comments:

Post a Comment