Tuesday, December 13, 2011

December 13th, 2011 - Ten Minute Capacity Test

A. Three sets, not for time, of:
Unbroken Muscle-Ups x 2-6 reps
Unbroken Double-Unders x 30-50 reps
Unbroken Handstand Push-Ups x 4-10 reps
(aim for top end of each range, note how many completed each set)

B. For Max Reps: 3 Minutes of Double-Unders

C. “Ten Minute Capacity Test” For Max Reps (or Calories):
4 minutes of Rowing (for Calories)
Rest 60 seconds
3 Minutes of Pull-Ups
Rest 60 seconds
2 Minutes of Bodyweight Back Squat
Rest 60 seconds
1 Minute of 135lb. Shoulder to Overhead (the barbell must originate from the ground to begin your set – no rack)


A. MUs: 1/1, 1/1, 1/miss, miss
DUs: 26-21-16
HSPUs: 5, 4, 4
B. 110.
C. Row Cals = 82, Pull-Ups = 53, Squats = 19, STO = 20 TOTAL = 174

Part A: MUs were all singles, not a good a muscle-up day. I stopped on DUs as soon as I got tripped up. DU timing/coordination in general was off today. HSPUs were all strict. I practiced kipping HSPUs between part A & B. I need to start working those in on the unbroken HSPUs.

Part B: Not stellar for the average crossfitter, but a big improvement for me.

Part C: BW back squats were TOUGH after rowing. STO was a good score for me personally (I think), as I kept within 1 rep of my training partner Ryan who usually drills me on them for reps. Also, I felt like I was using my hips to power the weight up vs. my shoulders.

No comments:

Post a Comment