Wednesday, December 14, 2011

WOD:

A. Three sets, not for time, of:
Handstand Walk x 10-15 Meters
L-Sit x 20-25 seconds
15′ Rope Climb x 1-2 ascents

B. Take 15 minutes to build to a heavy Clean & Jerk

C. Three rounds for time of:
135 lb. Power Snatch x 10 reps
24″/20″ Box Jumps x 20 reps


A. HS walk: 10m (broken up) x 3, L-sits: 25, 20, 15, Rope-climbs: 2 x3
B. 230 (5# PR!)
C. 6:08

I made some progress on the handstand walk, I got a couple 5-6 step walks in there. L-sits are better than they used to be too. C&J felt much better today. First PR that I have had on that lift in about a year, which I would directly attribute to the focus on Olympic lifts these last 2 weeks (thanks CJ Martin!). Stopped with the PR, but felt like there is still more in the tank for next time.

Liked part C. Great short, challenging WOD. I am pretty good at power Snatches @ 135, but box jumps are one of my weaknesses. The two together were rough and my quads and hips were feeling it in the 2nd & 3rd round. I went really hard out of the gate on the 1st round and got through the power snatches 5/5, then slowed down a little on the box jumps. Then almost all singles on the 2nd round of power snatches and very broken up box jumps. Even more broken up the 3rd.

No comments:

Post a Comment