Friday, December 23, 2011

December 23rd, 2012

WOD:

A. Three sets for speed and efficiency, rest as needed between movements:
Butterfly Chest-to-Bar Pull-Ups x 8-10 reps
Burpees x 8-10 reps
Handstand Push-Ups x 6-12 reps

B. Take 15-20 minutes to build to a heavy Snatch

C. Take 15 minutes to build to a heavy Clean & Jerk

D. Three sets of:
Front Squat x 2 reps @ 90% of your 1-RM
Rest as needed


A. C2B butter flys practice each round (8 attempts, some more legit than others)
Burpees 10/10/10
HSPU 6/4/5
B. Snatch: 175
C. Clean and jerk: 215
D. Front squat: 260 x 2, 260 x 2, 265 x 2
HSPUs were coming really hard today. I was shooting for relatively fast and unbroken, although I realized afterwards that was no specified. But my shoulders still felt a little tired even after a day of rest. Not too bad though, just a little off.
Decided to push for a full squat snatch whenever a ‘snatch’ is rx’d, unless it is a metcon and it is not specified, which I probably should be doing anyway. My best power snatch is 195, but my best squat snatch was only 157#s until today. So a 18# PR today. Not bad! Clean and jerk was OK, but not great (PR is 230 from just a little while ago). Olympic lifts feel much better after only a few weeks of following the CF Invictus Competition programming. Soooo glad I gave it a go.

No comments:

Post a Comment