Tuesday, January 3, 2012

A. Three sets, not for time, of:
Handstand Walk x 10-15 Meters
L-Sit x Max Hold (note times)
15′ Rope Climb x 2 ascents

B. Four sets of:
Muscle-Ups x Max Reps
Rest 30 seconds
Strict Pull-Up x Max Reps
Rest 30 seconds
Ring Dips x Max Reps
Rest 30 seconds
Tempo Push-Ups x Max Reps @ 1010
(the set is over as soon as you have to pause at either the top or bottom of the push-up)
Rest 30 seconds
Row 500 Meters
Rest 2 minutes

Tempo push-ups @ 1010:

The First Number – The first number refers to the lowering (eccentric) phase of the lift.
The Second Number – The second number refers to the amount of time spent in the bottom position of the lift.
The Third Number – The third number refers to ascending (concentric) phase of the lift.

The Fourth Number – The fourth number refers to how long you should pause at the top of the lift.

A. Handstand Walk x 10m practice 3 times (get closer every week)
L-Sit x Max Hold (25, 15, 20)
15′ Rope Climb x 2 ascents x 3

B. Muscle-Ups x 2 (2 quick singles, then a fail), Fx3, Fx3, Fx3
Strict Pull-Up x 11, 10, 8, 7
Ring Dips x 10, 8, 8, 8
Tempo Push-Ups x 20, 18, 13, 10
Row 500 Meters - 1:41, 1:48, 1:48, 1:40

A big time goat workout for me with all these body weight exercises back-to back. I am still not able to string unbroken muscle-ups together, nor have been able to get no-false grip MUs. I had planned to do 2-3 fast singles each round. Failed on the 3rd rep in the 1st round and was never able to get another one. Just made 3 attempts each round. Too wiped out by the combo of exercise and was not able to get a strong kip going. Waited about 7-10 minutes after the 4th round finally got one more muscle-up (hate to end on a failure) and then played around with some Gymnastics WOD progressions towards a no-false grip muscle-up.

Ring dips felt good today. 10 in the first round matches my PR.

Overall, a real butt kicker! I don't always looke forward to the Competition WODs programmed by CF Invictus/C.J. Martin, but I don't think that you always should. As awesome as it is to see workout come up with some of your strengths, you are going no where unless you relentlessly practice and work your weaknesses. If you are not a little apprehensive, than your program is too easy/not challenging you enough. I am 100% convinced that I will be a better athlete and man for following their trainin. Remains to be seen how much better :).

Coming up on my 42 second birthday March 9th. I am really trying to focus on my long term goal of making it to the CF Masters in 2015 and not put too much in where I compare to the 30 somethings and the 20 somethings. There are some beastly 40+ out there. Hell, there are some beastly 45+ out there. I can't afford to coast through the next few year. I need to make consistant gains along the way.

I am virtually injury free (and have been for awhile) , I have a great training partner, I have great programming availible to me....I just have to commit to my short and long term goals and get a little better every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment