Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Jan. 4th. 2012

A. Six sets of: Clean & Jerk x 1.1.1
(rest 10 seconds between singles)
Rest 2-3 minutes between sets.

B. Three sets for times of:
Deadlift x 7 reps
Pull-Ups x 21 reps
Rest 4 minutes
(Working to create speed in transitioning from one to the other. Use the heaviest deadlift load you can handle unbroken for the first set, and don’t change the weight for the next two sets.)

C. For time:
Row 750 Meters
25 Toes to Bar
75 Double-Unders
Row 500 Meters
20 Toes to Bar
50 Double-Unders
Row 250 Meters
15 Toes to Bar
25 Double-Unders




A. 155, 175, 185, 195, 195, 155#s
B. 325#s for the DL. 0:53, 1:07, 1:08

C. 14:40

My left elbow was a little sore today and I had a little localized pain on the inside ‘tip’ (where a tendon goes over the end of the ulna or humerus bone) whenever I pushed hard on something, so I went a little light today on part A. I think it is from all the missed muscle-ups yesterday. So instead of weight, I focused more on dropping under the bar faster and punching the bar overheard.

I put a lot of thought into the DL weight. I have a bad habit of dropping heavier DLs in metcons and I need to break that habit & build up my grip/mental toughness in that area. I choose a weight that was heavy, but at the same time gave me no excuse to drop it. Tough to go unbroken 2nd & really tough the 3rd round, so it was about right. Grip killer combo with Heavy DL & pull-up with just the right amount of rest to allow a fair shot. Grip gave out on the pull-ups 2nd & 3rd round. But I got all 21 unbroken the 1st round, 15 the second round (before breaking) and 10 the third.

Double-unders ate up a lot of time in part C. Getting better on them slowly but surely.

No comments:

Post a Comment