Monday, January 23, 2012

January 23rd, 2012


Workout of the Day

A.  Five sets of:
Hang Power Snatch x 3 reps
Rest as needed between sets.

B.  Five sets of:
Snatch Balance + Overhead Squat
(perform one snatch balance, stand tall and then perform an overhead squat)
Rest as needed between sets.

C.  Three sets for times of:
Muscle-Up x 3 reps
135/95 lb Overhead Squat x 6 reps
Toes to Bar x 12 reps
Walking Lunges with 55/35 lb DBs x 24 steps
Rest 4 minutes


A. 115, 130, 130, 130, 115
I started to bend my arms early, so I went back down in weight to attempt to fix that.
B. 115, 135, 155, 165, 165
C. 3:14, 2:26, 2:27
I used (2) 1.5/53# KBs for the walking lunges vs. 55# DBs.

Snatches felt a little off today. Overhead squats in part B and C felt great though, better than they ever have. Muscle-ups in part C were singles and took up a lot of the time each round, but I felt like I made progress on them today by keeping my arms more fully extended during the kip. Huge improvement between 1st & 2nd/3rd round was primarily due to improving the cycle time on muscle-ups. OHS and toes to bar were unbroken in all 3 rounds of part C.

Did 20 double-unders (weakness) between each of the sets for part A & B, shooting for a doable unbroken #. Thanks for the tip C.J. Martin!  Added up to a lot of reps, but did not take away from the rest of the workout.

No comments:

Post a Comment