Friday, February 3, 2012

Feb. 3rd, 2012


Workout of the Day

A.  Every two minutes, for a total of 16 minutes, complete two snatches.
Build steadily over the course of the 8 sets to as close to your 1-RM as possible.

B.  On the minute, every minute, for a total of 10 minutes, complete one clean and jerk.
Start at last weight successfully snatched and build over the 10 minutes as heavy as possible.

C.  On the minute, every minute, for a total of 10 minutes, complete the following:
Deadlift x 3 reps
Burpees x 6 reps
Wall Ball x 9 reps
(Note load used for deadlift. If you fail to complete a set within the minute, finish it and rest the remainder of the next minute before resuming – then note how many sets completed in the 10 minutes.)

D.  Three sets of:
100 Meter Farmer’s Carry
Rest as needed.
(Select a load that is challenging to hold for all 100 meters.)


A. 115-135-145-155-165-170-175(x1 then F)-175
Squat snatch. My current max is 175 and I hit it 3 times.
Good day! Snatch felt better than it ever has today.
B. 175-185-195-205-205-205-205-205-210-215
Squat clean and split jerk. My jerk has been off lately, but it felt pretty good today. I focused on wiring in some decent technique on the jerk vs. reaching max. Progress made on these today.
C. 6-7 rounds completed? Not sure. The timer in our gym is broken and I got a little mad with myself because I went too heavy (345 lbs.) for me.  So I got a little messed up on the time at the end, but I had either completed 6 rounds and sat out the 9th minute and then stopped (thinking it was the minute 10 that I had to wait because I did not make it under a minute round 9) or I did 7 rounds and was having to sit out the 10th minute because I did not make round 9.  I know for sure that I missed completing a round at least 3 times, and had to wait the rest of the next minute. I went down 10lbs. after round 5 and still missed rounds after that due to deadlifts.  Burpees and wallballs were unbroken and felt good in that rep range.  Rested about 5-7 minutes after the WOD, and then did 2 extra rounds on the minute (in about 43-45 seconds each) with 315#s because I wanted to end part C. with a little more intensity.  315#s would have been a better weight to use for me on this.
D. 3 x 100 meter farmers walk with a 70#/2 pood kettlebell in each hand. I did not time these, but I moved a steady pace and did not stops or put down the bells. Tough!

Snatch, cleans and jerks felt great today. I do much better with those lifts when I do reps on the minute or with a 2-position clean/snatch vs. resting 3-5 minute because it forces me to just do the movement and not over think it. A little ticked at myself for going too heavy on the DL, but the rest of the workout was great.

No comments:

Post a Comment