Tuesday, February 14, 2012


Workout of the Day

A.  Three sets of:
L-Sit x Max Hold
Rest 60 seconds
Unbroken Double-Unders x Max Seconds
(start the clock and keep the rope spinning for as long as possible – note time when you trip it)
Rest 2-3 minutes

B.  Complete as many rounds and reps as possible in 12 minutes of:
15 Kettlebell Swings (24/16 kg)
10 Toes to Bar
1 Muscle-Up + 5 Ring Dips


A) L-sit: 30/25/25 seconds
Double-unders: 25/25/22 seconds
B) 5 rounds + 13 KBS

I forgot about GHDs yeterday, which explains why the L-sits were tougher than usual, but with that in mind happy with my times. Double-unders reps were 37, 33, 34, which are pretty unbroken rounds of double-unders for me.

I was shooting for 6 rounds on part B, but the combo of 2 pood KBS/Toes to bar/muscle-up was tougher than I anticipated.  Did not realize until it was pointed out to me later by a guy that also follows the CF Invictus Competitor programming that it was supposed to be a 1.5 pood (24 KG) kettle bell and not 2 pood.  Doo!  Would have easily gotten a round or 2 more, but I need the 2 pood kettle bell work more anyway.  I am kind of a  pansy with the 2 pood.  Ring dips felt pretty easy today.
This WOD was perfect for today. I find 8-12 min. AMRAPs or the 2 x 4 minute AMRAPs that C.J. Martin programs to be perfect workout for getting in a good training day and still let the body and mind recover a bit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment