Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Workout of Day

A.  Three sets, not for time, of:
Handstand Walk x 10-15 meters
Pistols x 4-6 reps each leg
Skin the Cats x 4-6 reps


B.  Build to a heavy, but not 3-RM, Deadlift x 3 reps

C.  Rounds of 9, 7 and 5 reps for time of:
315 lb Deadlift
Burpees
(This is going to be a burner, but I want you to be safe and emphasize PERFECT mechanics throughout your deadlifts. This is not the time to prioritize intensity “at all costs.”)

D.  Eight sets for max meters:
30 seconds of Rowing (for max meters)
90 seconds of Rest
(Please report scores for each set.)

A.  HSW 3 x broken 10 meters (slow but steady progress)
Pistols 3 x 6 each leg
Skin the Cat 3 x 6
B. 365 (this felt pretty heavy today)
C. 2:29
D. 165, 163, 112, 139, 144, 140, 167, 167

Did not feel very ‘strong’ today.  Deadlifts @ 315 felt way heavier then I would normally expect..  Went unbroken the first 9, but then had to break up the deadlifts during the rounds of 5 & 7 much more than I thought.

During part D, I concentrated more on technique today vs. just going for a flat out sprint.  I actually focused too much on lowering my stroke rate round 3, hence the low # of meters. Everything clicked the last 2 rounds and I felt especially good on those intervals.  

No comments:

Post a Comment