Friday, February 17, 2012

February 17th, 2012


Workout of the Day

A. Three sets for times of:
Chest-to-Bar Pull-Ups x 15 reps
Burpees x 15 reps
95/65 lb. Overhead Squat x 15 reps
Rest 3 minutes

B. On the minute, every minute, for 15 minutes, complete:
95/65 lb. Thruster x 10 reps
Double-Unders x 20 reps

If you run over the allocated minute, complete the round and rest the remainder of the minute in which you completed your round, then pick up in the next fresh minute. Stop at 15 minutes regardless of how many rounds were completed, and simply note how many rounds were completed.


A.) 1:55, 2:18, 2:51
B.) 9 rds

I was mainly shooting for doing everything as unbroken as possible on part A (vs. fast). I got everything unbroken the first round (1st time for me getting 15 C2B pull-ups unbroken), then broke up the C2Bs 11/4 the second and got 9 C2Bs unbroken + doubles & singles to finish them round 3 (should have done 5/5/5). Unbroken the first 2 rounds on OHS, then 10/5 the 3rd (I could and should have got them unbroken if I pushed myself a little harder mentally).

Not happy with part B score. I would like to play the age card here (have I mentioned I turn 42 in March? J), but OHS, thrusters and double-unders are just some of my 'kryptonite' movements. I just feel weaker during any workout involving them. Part of that is a mental thing that I need to fix/work on. Part A fatigue me a little, I felt it immediately once starting B and I failed to block that out, calm down and take part B one round at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment