Wednesday, May 16, 2012

May 16th, 2012


Workout of the Day

A.  Three sets, not for time, of:
Rope Climb x 3 ascents (15′)
Toes to Bar x 12-15 reps

B.  Four sets of:
Sots Press x 3-4 reps
Rest as needed

C.  Jerk - Build to a heavy single in 10-15 minutes
Let your body be your guide as to what constitutes “heavy.”

D.  Three rounds for time of:
15 Chest-to-Bar Pull-Ups
20 Ring Dips

A. Done. Toes to bar all unbroken
B. 75 x 4, 80×3, 85×3, 85×3
C. 205 lbs.
D. 4:48 My kip on the ring dips was really working for me today. got 10 or so ring dips unbroken each round and then finished up the rest in a few short sets.
I really like the Sots Press, although it is tough. I have been sliding on my mobility work related to my own overhead tightness issues. I have felt over-extended when doing heavy jerks lately, which has been holding me back on weight.  Need to mob more until the Sots press feels more unrestricted.


No comments:

Post a Comment