Tuesday, September 13, 2011

September 13th, 2011


WOD:

Squat Cleans 1,1,1,1,1

225, 240, 250 (F), 250 PR!, 250 (F)

I had planned on hitting rack jerks and clean pull after the squat cleans, but I was pretty zapped after the Squat Cleans alone. I did play with both a little, but all my 'pop' was gone.

Only a 5# PR, but after no increase on my clean for so long I will definitely take it. Weight felt good/not crazy heavy, just did not reach full extension and bent arms on heavy reps (when the arm bends, the power ends) when going into 2nd pull. Will work Hang squat snatch and hang squat cleans at moderate weight, concentrating on form, next couple of weeks.

Skill practice:
3 rounds, not for time, of:
- 5 rope climbs
- 30 double-unders

This was 'practice' and not a timed WOD, so I took lots of rest and just concentrated on getting up the rope as fast as possible, locking in first foot lock on the rope and the getting double-unders as unbroken as possible. Rope climbs still a little rusty, but double-unders felt good.

No comments:

Post a Comment