Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Feb. 18th, 2012


Workout of the Day

A.  Three sets of:
Deadlift x 5 reps
(work heavy, but not max effort)
Rest 10 seconds
Tall Box Jump x 1.1.1.1.1
(rest 5-10 seconds between jumps – goal is height)
Rest 3 minutes

B.   Take 10-12 minutes to build to 85-90% of your 1-RM Clean & Jerk.

C.  Complete as many reps as possible in 3 minutes of:
155/105 lb Clean & Jerk
(treat these as ground to overhead anyhow – power clean and jerk is fine)

D.  Three attempts at:
Handstand Walk x Max Distance
Rest as needed


Another day where I did not feel 100% fired up to train, but still felt like I got in some good training anyway.  Just was not 100% happy with the results.  I think I just need to get a little more rest the next 2 days than I have been and I will be back in the groove.

A. 315/41", 325/44", 325/44"
I kept losing my grip with my right hand today, so I stayed with a weight that I could get unbroken/touch & go. Felt pretty good on the box jumps. All reps were with no walk/run up.  Probably should have pushed it more the last set.  My best is 48"

B. 195 (the griddle was not hot)

C. 25 Reps.  Frustrated a little with this. Really felt like I should have been able to get 30 or close to it. Much like clean and jerk, the technique was not flowing very well today.

D. Best effort was probably about 5 feet over many attempts (basically practiced them for 10 minutes).  These are going to take me a while to get.

***Weakness work: 5 x 15 box jumps unbroken w/60 seconds rest between sets***

No comments:

Post a Comment